Catch us live on BlogTalkRadio every



Tuesday & Thursday at 6pm P.S.T.




Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Written by my brother Matt. Too bad he doesn't think much of me. He can write pretty good tho'.

Written by my brother Matt. Too bad he doesn't think much of me. He can write pretty good tho'.

STRAIGHT SHOTS IN THE DISTANCE......

I got the call for kickstands up a little sooner than the rest.
I’m ridin on ahead…I’ll meet you all up the road.

Off in the distance, you’ll hear the twins report.
And you’ll wonder who’s off ridin…

It’s me.

I got a new patch today…like you’ve never seen before,
hand sewn by an angel just outside of heaven’s door.
I let ‘er idle and had a cold one with Peter right there at the gates…

He told me “son you’re gonna love this ride…all your brothers here heard you got
the call…Kickstand up biker brother, they’re waitin just around the bend…”

They’re the spirit of the Patriot Guard,
The wipe of your brow after a real close call.
I’m with ‘em now, lookin’ out for you,
for when you next hear the highway beckon you…
I’m the straight shots you’ll hear up over the next rise,
a tail light you’ll never quite catch up to…
I’m the angel next to you when you take to the left and pass a long tandem.

Raise your glasses,
get off your asses.
Kickstands up all…

You take my smile with you…
But I’ve ridden on ahead.
I’m getting the place ready for a ride one day when you get the call…

But don’t hurry on my account. You’ll get your patch soon enough.

There’s a great group up here…and it’s always warm…
No matter where we ride, it’s always ahead of the storm.
And ever so often we’ll gather up around that bend…
and say “kickstands up all…the ride’s just startin’,
and Peter’s welcoming an old friend.”